Are you worried about termites and the damage they may do to your property? Do you every year termites do millions of dollars of damage to properties? People are not only scared of termites but people are also scared of the fact that termite can harm their property. Identifying that your house might get infested by termites is a very important step to save your expensive furniture from these horrifying creatures. There are many signs that you have termites at your home. You should know about these signs before it is too late. Here is a list of how you can identify termites.
Signs That You Have Termites At Your Home
- Sounds By Termites – Termites produce a clicking kind of sound as well as you can hear them when they eat your furniture. Soldier termites bang their heads on the wall to signal other termites when there is any danger.
- Termites Flying Around – If you have been spotting flying termites, this might mean that your house is about to be infested by termites. Because flying termites are those termites who have left their home to find a new mate and find a new home.
- Void Wooden Furniture – You can easily find out about the existence of termites at your home by simply knocking on your wooden furniture. If the knocking sounds hollow it means that the termites have already started nibbling on your furniture.
- Clear Out The Confusion Between White Ants And Termites. – People often get confused between white ants and termites. White ants have bent antennae whereas termites have straight antennae. Termites are lighter brown in colour as compared to white ants. Both the wings of white ants differ in size whereas termite’s wings are similar in size. So always double-check when you spot a white ant or termite.
How Can You Reduce The Risk Of Property Damage If You Have Termites?
- Eliminate Dampness – Try to reduce the moisture in and around your house because termites need a damp environment to grow. Repair if you have any leakage in or around your house. Make sure that you check your basement area.
- Get Rid Of All The Food Sources – Firstly, make sure that you keep your firewood away from your house. Also if you have any dead wood around your house throw them away. Termites live on cellulose. Things like paper, construction paper, paperboards consist of a percentage of cellulose. So try to clear out if your house has any extra cellulose.
- Prevention Is Better Than Cure – Keep on inspecting your house to make sure that you do not have any termite in there. Also, keep a close eye on your furniture. Do not keep a dirty environment in and around your home. A dirty environment attracts all kinds of pests. As well as make sure to check any new wood you are planning to bring inside your house.
- Keep a Check On Mud-tubes – Mud-tubes are a way for the termites to reach their food source. So you should keep a check on mud-tubes in your house.
Are You Dealing With The Horrors Of Termite Infestation? Consider Hiring US!
If you are already dealing with the horrifying termites on your own, you should consider taking professional help from the best pest control in the industry. We at Pest Control Success deliver quality termite control services to our customers at a very reasonable amount. Recruiting us will save you a ton of money because we are budget-friendly and we can protect the remaining furniture which is untouched by termites. Contact us now to book our professionals.